Club Membership with MBAS
The MBAS is a totally volunteer run not-for-profit organisation. It relies on annual Membership as its main source of income to continue its initiatives which serve the Blues community and promote local live Blues music and musicians.
MBAS Members receive discounted entry to all MBAS and affiliate Blues events, discounted MBAS merchandise and the monthly "Bluesletter" e-newsletter. New MBAS memberships also receive a quality polished chrome MBAS keyring worth $15.
In addition, financial Membership funds the means by which the MBAS can continue to promote and grow a healthy local live Blues music scene. Since 1990, the MBAS has proven itself as "The most successful Blues Society in the world" with a track record of successes and ongoing progressive initiatives such as:
– Annual "YOUTH IN BLUES PROGRAM": nurturing young talent with mentorship and guiding the next generation of Blues musicians.
– Annual "MBAS BLUES CHALLENGE": sending our best Blues bands and solo/duo artists to represent and compete in the annual International Blues Challenge (IBC) in Memphis, USA.
– Annual "VICTAS AWARDS": recognising and awarding the talent of local Blues recording artists.
– Weekly "HOUSE OF BLUES JAM NIGHTS": hosting and running FREE Blues jams every Tuesday night at The Flemington Bowls Club. Commencing with a featured Blues act at 8pm, followed by the Blues jam at 9 - 11pm, this is a regular night of great live music entertainment for Blues audiences. The MBAS 'House of Blues' jam nights provide a live performance platform for all Blues musicians. Both established and amateur musicians are welcome, with access and opportunity to play with professional staging and a quality pro sound system.
– Regular hosted and promoted "MBAS" fundraisers and featured events which promote and support the Blues music community.
Being a financial MBAS Member also means you are supporting and encouraging the continuance, development and growth of a healthy, vibrant, friendly, inclusive, supportive live Blues music scene – one that is accessed and enjoyed by both Blues musicians and Blues audiences alike.
The MBAS thanks you and welcomes your new or renewal membership to support live Blues music!
Fees (per annum)
- Single: $40
- Family: $60
Note: Maximum 1 x free keyring issued per new membership (additional keyrings may be purchased at the MBAS Member price of $12ea).
- If you are a financial member of MBAS, you are entitled to view the Constitution of MBAS
If you wish to have a copy please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and membership number and a copy will be sent to you either via email or post at your request.
- Also if you are thinking of becoming an MBAS member, you can email email@example.com and a copy of the MBAS Constitution can be sent for your viewing.