Women 'N' Blues
Sunday 1st March 2020 - Week 3
WOMEN ’N’ BLUES
The Program is Co-Ordinated and Mentored by multi award-winning, esteemed local Blues artist, ANDREA MARR with guest Blueswomen.
Women ‘N’ Blues celebrates an important historical, longstanding connection with WOMEN AND BLUES!
The Women 'N' Blues Program is an inclusive, safe, supportive, social learning environment for women of all ages, stages and musical abilities, who have an interest in performing Blues music.
Held over 4 SUNDAY evening sessions in 2020:
16th & 23rd FEBRUARY
1st & 8th MARCH (International Women's Day)
Time: 6.00pm – 8:30pm
Place: Mr Boogie Man Bar, 160 Hoddle St, Abbotsford VIC 3067
Cost: $40 prepaid online – places strictly limited. NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS NOW SOLD OUT!
The 4 session Program finalé will be celebrated with a showcase performance on Sunday 8th March to coincide with International Women's Day!
The aim of the programme will be to:
• improve skills at playing, singing and performing Blues music
• build confidence in stagecraft
• enhance the ability to work in musical teams
– all to be developed and delivered around a structured set list.
The programme will cover such topics and activities such as:
• the basic beats and grooves of the Blues
• the lyrical poetry of the Blues
• a short history of the Blues
• Blues music performance skills
• vocal warmups (good for all instrumentalists as well).
An initiative of the Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society.
In association with National Women in Blues Inc. USA
|Event Start||01/03/2020 6:00 pm|
|Event End||01/03/2020 8:30 pm|
|Venue||Mr Boogie Man Bar|
Venue Information - Mr Boogie Man Bar
Mr Boogie Man Bar
160 Hoddle St